Now that it’s officially fall, we’re looking for ways to nosh on pumpkin pie at every meal. Of course, traditional pumpkin pie is high in sugar, which is a quick way to send your microbiome health downhill.
This Pumpkin Pie Chia Pudding is a healthier take on the seasonal dessert that you can enjoy for breakfast, or anytime of day. In order to keep your healthy bacteria thriving, fill up your plate with prebiotics like plant foods rich in fiber.
Thankfully, this chia pudding is full of plant fiber from the pureed pumpkin. This recipe has a whopping six tablespoons of chia seeds, which are full of healthy omega-3 fatty acids, protein, fiber, and antioxidants. Cinnamon is the perfect addition because it helps balance blood sugar. Go ahead and dig into this healthy pumpkin pie pudding—guilt free!
- 1 ¾ Cup (13.5 oz) Coconut Milk, Canned
- 1 Cup Pumpkin Puree, Canned
- 1 tsp Cacao Powder
- 6 Tbsp Chia Seeds
- ½ tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tbsp Maple Syrup/Honey for sweetener (optional)
- Pumpkin Pie Spice (or cinnamon, ginger, clove, and nutmeg) to taste (roughly 1-2 teaspoons)
- Optional: Cinnamon Stick and Shredded Coconut, Unsweetened for garnish
- Add all of the ingredients (except for the garnish) to a blender.
- Pour the mixture into jars and seal. Place in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours to chill and firm.
- When ready to eat, garnish with a cinnamon stick and/or shredded coconut or anything else!