For the last 40+ years, our resident researcher, Dr. Mahmoud Ghannoum, has been one of the leading scientists studying the microbiome. But what about the mycobiome?
In his long career, he’s published over 400 papers and has been cited over 20,000 times by other scientists. Additionally, he was the scientist to name the mycobiome for the fungal communities in our bodies, and he’s been funded by the NIH for over 20 years.
In 2016, following his groundbreaking research that showed bacteria and fungi work together in our gut’s microbiome, he discovered that within 24 hours, it’s possible to remake your mycobiome, setting yourself on the fast track to weight loss, better digestion, improved health, and more energy.
On this show, he talks with Andrea about his new book, Total Gut Balance, and dives into the diet he’s developed that promises to balance the fungi in your gut, leading to a resolution of digestive issues, such as bloating, stomach pain, constipation, diarrhea, heartburn and irritable bowel syndrome.
To learn more about Dr. Ghannoum, including how to pre-order his book with bonuses, head to https://drmicrobiome.com/order. The book releases December 24th.
On this show, you’ll learn:
- The Mycobiome Diet (1:54)
- How fungal communities can be shifted in hours, while bacterial can take years (3:39)
- The trial results seen in the lab (4:37)
- Dr. Ghannoum’s new upcoming book (8:33)
- How balancing your gut balances your body as a whole (13:02)
- What resistant starch is and why it’s so important (15:04)
- What inspired Dr. Ghannoum to publish this book now? (17:22)
- The impact of stress on your diet and wellbeing (21:23)
- Dr. Ghannoum’s new 8-week course (26:05)
- Some pre-order bonuses for his new book which comes out December 24th (28:50)
Tune in on iTunes here:
Thanks for listening!
Thanks so much for listening to the show. If you enjoyed this episode and think others could benefit from listening, please share it.
Do you have feedback or questions about this episode?
Email us at TheMicrobiomeReport@biohmhealth.com
Subscribe to the podcast
If you would like to get automatic updates of new podcast episodes, you can subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, or from the podcast app on your mobile device.
Leave us an iTunes review
Ratings and reviews from our listeners are extremely valuable to us and greatly appreciated. They help our podcast rank higher on iTunes, which exposes our show to more awesome listeners like you. If you have a minute, please leave an honest review on iTunes.