You can’t walk down any aisle of the grocery store without seeing a product touting the benefits of probiotics and (prebiotic) fiber. But have you ever stopped to think that not all sources of probiotics and fiber are created equally?
On today’s episode, Olipop founder Ben Goodwin is on the podcast talking about how consumers can be smart about what they’re buying off the shelves. He and Andrea discuss how to know if a product has been formulated correctly.
Ben also dishes on the clinical research he’s been doing in the lab, including what he’s learned about prebiotics since we last spoke with him. Andrea also asks him what’s regularly on his plate now that he knows so much more about gut health – his answer may surprise you.
On this show, you’ll learn:
- An update on Ben’s company, Olipop (1:33)
- New clinical trials (3:38)
- In-vitro microbiome testing (9:13)
- New information on how prebiotics interact with the microbiome (15:23)
- What’s on Ben’s plate? (20:45)
- Benefits of different cuisines and spices (22:43)
- With so many new products available, what should we be on the lookout for? (25:05)
- Creating not just a beneficial product, but also a palatable one (33:00)
- A realistic fiber intake range for the average American diet (41:29)
Tune in on iTunes here:
Thanks for listening!
Thanks so much for listening to the show. If you enjoyed this episode and think others could benefit from listening, please share it.
Do you have feedback or questions about this episode?
Email us at TheMicrobiomeReport@biohmhealth.com
Subscribe to the podcast
If you would like to get automatic updates of new podcast episodes, you can subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, or from the podcast app on your mobile device.
Leave us an iTunes review
Ratings and reviews from our listeners are extremely valuable to us and greatly appreciated. They help our podcast rank higher on iTunes, which exposes our show to more awesome listeners like you. If you have a minute, please leave an honest review on iTunes.