It’s easy to get on board thinking about how your diet impacts your digestive tract. It makes sense, for example, that eating fast food might leave you running to the bathroom.
But it’s harder for most of us to make the connection that what’s happening in our mouths has a huge impact on what’s going on for us between the sheets.
On today’s episode, Andrea is talking with Dr. Amy Killen, an anti-aging and regenerative physician specializing in sexual optimization and aesthetics, about how the oral microbiome is tied to sex.
They discuss the importance of nitric oxide in the body, including what it is, where it comes from, and how you can increase it to boost the health of your sex life. They also talk about the impact of common vices, such as smoking, chewing tobacco and sugar — and how all of these can wreak havoc on physiology and libido.
To connect with Dr. Killen and to download her free e-booklet, “Sex and Skin Top Ten,”go to dramykillen.com.
On this show, you’ll learn:
- Why sexual health serves as the “canary in the coal mine” (1:29)
- What sexual health encompasses (2:04)
- How our oral microbiome impacts sexual health (3:17)
- Broad recommendations for supplements (6:28)
- Effects of tobacco and potentially vaping (10:47)
- Certain probiotic strains that help (14:01)
- The impact of fake estrogens on our sexual health (15:30)
- Inflammatory diet food offenders (22:28)
- Testing for nitric oxide levels (24:16)
- The first steps to improving sexual health (26:38)
- Seeking help with bio-identical hormones (30:01)
Tune in on iTunes here:
Thanks for listening!
Thanks so much for listening to the show. If you enjoyed this episode and think others could benefit from listening, please share it.
Do you have feedback or questions about this episode?
Email us at [email protected]
Subscribe to the podcast
If you would like to get automatic updates of new podcast episodes, you can subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, or from the podcast app on your mobile device.
Leave us an iTunes review
Ratings and reviews from our listeners are extremely valuable to us and greatly appreciated. They help our podcast rank higher on iTunes, which exposes our show to more awesome listeners like you. If you have a minute, please leave an honest review on iTunes.